What happens at a Social Cooking event ?
- Guests arrive to our very cool live kitchen with our team busying themselves with final prep. This gives the impression of a pumping kitchen and builds suspense. The kitchen will be fabulous, colorful, ingredients all set, warm and exciting with music to set the scene.
- A huge warm welcome, bags and coats taken from our guests to get everyone relaxed and welcome drinks served within 30 seconds.
- We let this ice breaker session go for 17 mins. Platters can be served and often add allot value.
- Chef debriefs the event exec, re agrees teams, intensity, judging, allergies, F bombs Y/N.
- Chef then jumps to it. Teams set, team leader, creative director agreed with team name. Nearly ready to start cooking. Excitement high.
- MasterChef pantry of mystery box presented and teams allowed to ponder, plan, scheme and ask for more ingredients to boost their dish capability.
- Chef gives a powerful run through on health & safety to build energy and set the competitiveness, low relaxed or full on hell’s kitchen, you choose. Chef outlines the judging criteria, timing and a bit of a team wind up. We normally judge out of 10 on taste, presentation, team attitude and love note pitching their dish with points off for being needy.
- Teams start cooking for 55 mins with huge Chef support. Chef gives support, postures and builds pressure. Catches teams cheating etc. Organised chaos.
- Big pumping count down 10, 5, 2, 1, 30 seconds to go work on your color, height, presentation. Come on teams this is it.
- Teams plate up a Micro representation judging plate for Chef.
- Chef brings teams back into one big group/team. Huge high 5 for creating this magic. Well done. Amazing result. Lets eat.
- Teams plate up and sit as a big family together for dinner. A beautiful warm time after the fun of cooking.
- Chef judges each dish then gives live feedback to all.
- We serve dessert.
- Teams verbally have a right of reply, suck up to chef judged out of 10.
- Prize giving awards ceremony. This is so much fun, suspense, amazement, normally gold, silver and bronze medals, for 1, 2 and 3rd, wooden spooner, best presentation.
- Event ends with a huge round of applause for the team and our team. Well done.
- Guests can stay on and meet Chefs as we all come back to normal.
- This is a fusion of food, drink, fun and suspense. Like a bar, restaurant & dance club. It is so much fun, our guests love it.
- The whole event magic is captured by our professional photographs. See one of our recent event albums here.
- Working well and achieving successful outcomes together under pressure in a new environment.
- Communicating individual and team strengths, skills, diversity, differences and achievements.
- Outcome is it fuses the team together through cooking and food.
- Allows teams to apply planning, preparation and social presentation skills.
- Ensures team and individual members have fun and communicate outside work pressure situations.
- Its a level playing field that all can participate in. Provides an equal station for all guests allowing seniors to be at the same level as staff.
- Brings multi cultural staff together and allows them to power up and show their passion and skills.
- Allows teams to celebrate and have a unique experience.
- Eat As A Team
- Fully Supported
- Great Music
- Hands On
- High Energy
- No Cooking Disasters
- Prize Giving
- Stunning Finale
We have a fully stocked bar for wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks. Check out our bar menu.
We run shows at 9 am champagne brunches, 12 pm & 6 pm or a time that suits you.
CLIENTS WE HAVE SERVED AND THEIR FEEDBACK
“A quick note to say thank you and to give Alina a big pat on the back – the chefs were both fairly demanding on her time and late getting out of there. However, the buzz and hype it generated amongst the chefs and then subsequent interest from their fan bases as the event was… read more
“The Social Cooking event at our school was amazing. The girls all really enjoyed themselves at the four different stations that Graham and his team set up in our school hall. Each station really required them to think, be creative and use skills that they may not have used before. We had a wide range… read more
“I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of everyone here at Advanced Aerospace!! We had the best night on Friday for our work Xmas do!! Bridget was awesome!! She made our night so much fun! As well as the lovely bar lady. It was a huge success and everyone loved it! Thanks for such a… read more
“Alina, A huge thank you for last night – we had a fabulous time. Great venue, great staff, great concept – we really enjoyed it and will be organizing a few more in the new year. The feedback from our staff and guests has been great. The chef and the staff were very friendly and… read more
“I initially contacted Social Cooking thinking they would be a great option for a lunch for the partners programme at my annual conference. I marketed it to my delegates as an “Interactive Food Celebration” warning them we were moving away from the normal sit down, semi-formal format but promising them a night of good food,… read more
“On Friday our team took to the kitchen to compete in our own MasterChef challenge. There were a variety of dishes ranging from Italian to Asian and taking out the win was team ‘Truss Us’, with their dish “Kiwi haggis & mash with mix leaf greens”. Special thanks to SocialCooking and their friendly staff.”
“We worked with Graham and his team on a large event in July – we went to Graham with a brief outlining what our client was wanting to achieve and he came back with a great concept that we then worked together to fine tune. Graham was super flexible, helpful and creative during this process… read more
“Hi Alina and Graham, I just wanted to thank you all so much for the fantastic evening our team had! I am so proud of them and it is really my role here at Safe Network to see that they are well supported in all they do which includes organising events for them where we… read more