When an event/class is booked with Social Cooking you accept and agree to our terms, conditions and booking policy set out below. You are responsible for checking and reading the emails that you will receive from us. You are responsible for ensuring your group to attend the event you have booked, on the day and at the time of that booking.
Every effort will be made by Social Cooking to ensure that your event is the best it can be. Please take the time to read and review our terms and conditions below. Please feel free to contact us should you require clarification.
Venue Based Events
- A booking is not confirmed until a 50% deposit has been paid, regardless of how far in advance the booking has been made. This deposit must be paid within 5 working days of an invoice being received.
- All events must be paid in full 4 weeks before the event date. At this point guest numbers are considered to be final, and no refund will be provided on reduced guest numbers within this four week period.
- For last minute bookings (bookings within a week) we require prompt full payment.
- All platters and drinks will be paid by credit card at the time of the event. An invoice for this can be provided by arrangement.
- Information regarding food allergies and dietary requirements must be communicated at least 24 hours before the event. If the information wasn’t declared and guests have a reaction we are unable to take any responsibility.
- Social Cooking reserves the right to refuse bookings.
- If our venue is unsuitable for any reason we deem reasonable, we reserve the right to move the event to another venue. This will be within reasonable distance of the original venue. We will provide notice of this move and will ensure the alternative venue is safe, healthy and fit for purpose.
- If attendee numbers drop below 13, our minimum price of $1200 (plus GST) will apply.
- In the event of a cook top being broken or damaged, we require the event hirer or company responsible for booking Social Cooking to pay for all the costs incurred.
- At the end of cooking and prior to guests departing, our staff will check that all cook tops and ovens are in the same condition as they were before the event commenced.
- Should there be any damage to the cook tops or ovens, our staff will liaise with the event organiser to discuss damages and reach a resolution.
- In the event of irreparable damage to cook tops or ovens, requiring replacement of this equipment, the event organiser will be responsible for the cost of replacement.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations for scheduled events made within 4 weeks of your booking date. This includes implied cancellation for non-attendance of a booked event, this excludes events booked for December (see below).
- Any bookings that have had a 50% deposit will forfeit the deposit if an event is cancelled inside the 4 weeks. This excludes events booked for December (see below). Cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a gesture of goodwill, cancelled events may be rebooked within 7 days of the cancellation date. Rebooked events must be held within 6 weeks of the original event date. If these conditions are breached, any paid monies will be retained by Social Cooking. All rebookings are at the discretion of Social Cooking and are subject to date and time availability.
- Any event that has been scheduled and has not paid a deposit will still have to pay for the event in full if cancelled within 4 weeks.
- Cancelling any event that has been scheduled for December within 6 weeks of the event date will forfeit the deposit. Any opportunity to reschedule the event will be at the discretion of Social Cooking.
- Social Cooking reserves the right to cancel or postpone events for any reasonable reason out of our control.
- A booking is not confirmed until a full amount has been paid, regardless of how far in advance the booking has been made.
- All platters and drinks should be ordered and paid in full at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- Information regarding food allergies and dietary requirements must be communicated at least 48 hours before the event. If this information was not divulged, Social Cooking takes no responsibility for any ill effects experienced.
- If for any reason guests do not attend, booking fees will not be refunded, transferred or credited.
- Cancellations for virtual events are not refundable. Any credit or booking date transfer is at the discretion of Social Cooking and is subject to date and time availability.
- Social Cooking reserves the right to refuse bookings.
- Social Cooking runs virtual events using virtual meeting type software. The customer will need the following:
- A device capable of running a video chat stream, preferably a modern laptop rather than a phone.
- A consistent internet connection, capable of running a video chat stream over the length of the event.
- Optionally a second device capable of video chat, such as a mobile phone, for sidebar conversations if needed.
- If our software is inoperable, we may utilize a backup system. If we can’t deliver a reasonable video chat based event because of technical issues due to the video chat software, then we will provide a refund proportionate to the percentage of the event that was not able to be delivered.
- We will provide brief training to our customers on some of the finer points of running the video chat software, but our customers need a basic understanding of how these types of systems work (such as Zoom, Teams, Whatsapp, etc.).
- Some products may have come in contact with or contain traces of allergens. Social Cooking takes reasonable steps to ensure that cross contamination does not occur, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Please ensure that someone will be at the delivery address to receive delivery.
- We can accept physical addresses only for delivery. PO Box numbers cannot be accepted.
- Delivery cost is subjected to change without prior notice.
- Fresh produce, meat, dairy or frozen products are ordered at the customers’ own risk.
- We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- We expect that the behavior of our customers will be to the highest standard. Any guest felt to be intoxicated, aggressive, abusive, sexually inappropriate or threatening will be asked to leave the premises. If this is a virtual event, such guests will be disconnected from the session.
- All intellectual property (of any nature) created by Social Cooking in connection with the virtual class or team building events will belong to Social Cooking.
- When you fill in the inquiry form you authorize us to use the information (name & email address) to communicate, send marketing materials and undertake customer research.
- Email communication will be used sparingly, as required from time to time for marketing and communication purposes.
- Any personal information shared with Social Cooking will not be sold to or shared with any third party.
- You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing from our database electronically.
- You may request access to, or the correction of or deletion of, your personal information that is held by us. Contact us at email@example.com
- We reserve the right to not refund and the right to defer the date of a booking or to cancel or remodel previously confirmed bookings if we are prevented from or delayed in carrying on our business due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes.