Over 50% of our customers are referred by a mate. We provide a fun, memorable, interactive hands on cooking experience. you will learn to cook like a chef. Save up $600 bring a social club. Click here.
Come have some fun, test your skills and cook your own meal with matching wine, eat your masterpiece and dine and socialize together – all in an action packed evening.
Social cooking is a cooking experience in Herd Street Wellington and Nelson st in Auckland. The founders are passionate about food as well as having a good time. Social Cooking is a social, fun way of teaching you how to cook like the pros. It’s about getting people really excited about cooking with fresh ingredients and providing a dramatic environment to catch up and socialise. Click here to read more.
Entertain me…What’s the format and how do the classes operate?
You park in our free parks 10 secs from the entry, You enter and grab a wine, Our host will cook the dish, which takes around 20 to 45 mins, whilst you observe and soak it all in. You then go to your own cooking station and cook up your masterpiece with help from our host. All ingredients and equipment are provided. Then it’s time to sit down and enjoy your creation with a wine match dessert and some special times with the other guests.
They better be good..Who are the chefs?
Our hosts and chefs are really passionate cooks and presenters of which there are about 10 partner up with chefs from local restaurants such as Hippopotamus, Osteria del Toro, Monsoon Poon, Ortega Fish Shack, Tasting Room and Flying Burrito Bros to design beautiful dishes you can learn to master.
How many people per class and how much?
We can fit 20 and 40 romantically in a session, so it’s small and intimate and easy to get excellent value from our hosts. Prices range from $88 per person up to $118 per person depending on the ingredients and wine package offered.
Where is this cool cooking experience everyone,s talking about?
Can we book over the phone or web?
Yes. Just call 0800 968 238 to book your class and enquire about what’s cooking. You can click on look and book and view the calendar
Is the equipment good, what will we cook on?
The very latest Electrolux induction cook tops and ovens together with world class cookware and a range of the coolest and most up to date gadgets, knives and cooking tools and utensils.
Where does our produce come from?
Seafood is caught daily by Hooked on Seafood. Red meat is from New World and is aged 28 days, chicken comes direct from Tegel and most of it is halal, fresh produce is delivered daily and is really fresh and picked specially for us to show case how good it can be. Other ingredients come from mostly NZ produced lines from New World.
Can we hire Social Cooking out for parties, events or film shoots?
Absolutely! Call 027 552 6335 or email email@example.com
Where do we direct our media enquiries?
In the first instance to Graham Bloxham on 027 5526 335.
Can we use Social Cooking for fund-raisers to make millions?
YES, yes yes! Call us and we will give a big nutritious discount if some of the money goes to a worthy charity.
Can I cancel or rebook, Yea right.!
If you wish to rebook within 5 days of your scheduled event, there will be a $25 per person rebooking fee, payable prior to the event. No refunds will be given for customers who do not attend their booked events.
Ts & Cs
We are a fun place but we have to do some paperwork and have some rules along the line, so here it goes.
daily deal site extensions and rebooking.
Our booking & cancellation policy is as follows:
- No refunds, credits or transfers will be given for cancellations for scheduled classes made within 14 working days of your booking date. Any bookings that have had a 50% deposit will forfeit the deposit if an event is cancelled inside the 20 days. Cancellation must me made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All events must be paid in full 14 days before the event and all extras will be paid by credit card on the event night. By arrangement a invoice may be issued and should be paid within 14 days from the event date.
- Any event that has been scheduled and locked in and hasn’t paid a deposit will still have to pay for the event in full if cancelled inside the 14 working day period. Any event that has numbers reduced must still pay for the minimum number allowed to run a class which is 16 people at the rate you have been quoted and paid your deposit for.
- We hate doing this but if Socialcooking needs to cancel we reserve the right to cancel/postpone classes/courses for any reasonable reason out of our control and will issue a voucher for a new booking which can be redeemed inside a 4 month period from the cancellation.
- No shows or last minute cancellations are not refunded, transferred or credited.
- We reserve the right to refuse bookings and will charge a $30 rebook fee for all bookings changed within 14 days before the booked date.
Scheduled Classes :
- We do not accept bookings without payment in full or a 50% deposit on the date of confirmation regardless of how far out the booking is made.
- Our booking system accepts bookings on our website on a first come first served basis.
- When you have requested a booking it will be confirmed with an email from us.
- We start our classes promptly at the advertised time.
- The session times are specified as 2.5 to 3 hours. If you want to stay longer we can accommodate your stay for $150 per hour.
Bookings made with gift vouchers:
- Gift vouchers are valid for 3 to 4 months from the purchase date.
- Classes must be booked & taken within that time.
- We do not extend the validity date of vouchers, so please ensure that the recipient is able to attend classes at Social Cooking within this time before you purchase to avoid disappointment. If you choose to extend a gift voucher a rebook fee of $25 per person applies.
- We reserve the right to cancel/postpone classes and will issue a new gift voucher for the next available class.
- We do not issue cash refunds for gift vouchers in any circumstances although you can purchase goods at Social Cooking with them.
Terms & Conditions of Purchase of any cooking class:
When you complete your booking through this website or any third party booking engine or promotional site is on condition that confirms you accept our terms & conditions below. We have written them again below for your information.
“I have read, understood and agreed to the terms & conditions of booking a class, course and/or buying a gift voucher. I accept that Social Cooking and all it’s staff cannot or will not be held liable for discrepancies, mistakes, malfunctions or lost items of any kind relating to this order. I accept that all correspondence relating to this order will be sent to me by EMAIL to the address we/1 have supplied unless otherwise specifically requested in this order by myself. Social cooking and all it’s staff are not responsible and cannot be held liable for my not receiving or reading such correspondence.
I also accept that Social Cooking is a cooking school for the general public. It is not a polytechnic or high end chefs class and the quality of the cooking classes will vary in complexity from relatively easy to medium hard and you agree that Social cooking is a cook school that may not meet your exacting standards.
You will advise Social Cooking if you or your child attending, has food allergies and you agree not to attend a cook class if you are known to have had an allergy to the menu, or has had a bug or any transmittable disease however low level prior to attending the class.
You agree that Social Cooking may take photos or video footage of you and will have continuing rights to use these recordings now, and in the future in digital or printed format. These reproductions may appear as digital still or video images available to be viewed or shared on the internet, including for Social cookings promotional and marketing use. you also agree to Social Cooking holding, retaining, using your likeness in perpetuity, world wide.
When you book a class, course or buy a gift voucher you accept and agree to our terms, conditions and booking policy set out above.
You are responsible for checking & reading your emails that you will receive from us.
You are responsible for organising yourself or child to turn up to the class/es you have booked, on the day and at the advertised time of that class.
You will notify us if you wish to change or cancel your booking in the time set out above . If you don’t you will not be eligible for a transfer, credit or refund whatsoever.
We are a business and every effort will be made to ensure that you are happy, however, we won’t be able to bend these terms for explanations or excuses for not showing up to a class or cancelling your booking inside the times above.
If you have more questions about any of these terms & conditions please feel free to call us on 0275 526 335 before you book your class. We’d rather clarify things for you in the beginning rather than explain these terms again after the fact…
These terms are commonly practised by businesses such as theatres, cinemas, shows and other establishments that you have to book time with. For instance, when you buy tickets to the theatre, you go at the time advertised on the day. If you don’t you miss out. It’s the same with us. Another example would be if you have a gym membership that you pay monthly for, you still pay regardless of whether you attend – it’s your responsibility to go, they won’t refund you for the days you don’t go. It’s the same with us.